February 22, 2012
This year Z’Tejas will be offering its “Little Larry” Margarita (pictured above), a smaller version of the award-wining 6th Street Margarita, for only $2.22 (normally $6). The classic tequila drink can be served shaken with ice, on the rocks, frozen, or straight up.
We recommend paring your margarita with their delicious limited edition tequila marinated pasta dish. Z’Tejas is also selling its famed freshly made margarita mix to the public for $4.99 for a half gallon bottle – perfect for concocting tasty drinks at home.
Watching your waistline? Z’Tejas recently added a number of items to their menu that are 550 calories and under, making it easy to stick to that New Year’s resolution or kick off those Lent goals on the right foot. In an effort to keep the dishes healthy and maintain good flavor, Z’Tejas uses an array of chili pepper varieties to spice up its dishes. The “550 & Under” menu items include:
● Jerk Chicken Salad featuring spicy jerk chicken strips with mixed field greens, roma tomatoes, feta cheese, crisp tortilla strips and sesame-ginger vinaigrette (515 calories)
● Grilled Salmon accompanied by grilled fresh vegetables with cantaloupe and avocado salad (480 calories)
● Grilled Chicken Breast with fresh vegetables topped with a roasted shallot vinaigrette (470 calories)
● Grilled Cilantro Pesto-Rubbed Ruby Trout topped with avocado relish, served with fresh vegetables and Tejas rice (530 calories)
● Jalapeno Turkey Wrap with julienne cucumbers, carrots, onions and peppers with a tasty jalapeño yogurt, wrapped in a flour tortilla (540 calories)
Z’Tejas also boasts a spread of “Naturally Skinny” cocktails, all under 250 calories with no artificial sweeteners added. Drinks include:
● Skinny Margarita – Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice, Herradura Agave Nectar and soda water
● VeeV Spa Cooler – VeeV Acai Spirit, fresh lime juice, cucumbers and mint
● Lemon Skinny Dip – Belvedere Vodka, Herradura Agave Nectar and fresh lemon juice
● Skinny Tropical – Bacardi Rock Coconut, Herradura Agave Nectar and fresh pineapple and lemon juices
● Skinny Raspberry Lemonade – Chambord Vodka, Chambord Liqueur, Herradura Agave Nectar, soda water and fresh lemons with a raspberry sugar rim
● Antioxidant Martini – Bacardi Dragon Berry, fresh lemon juice, Herradura Agave Nectar and fresh blackberry and blueberries topped with Wild Berry FOMZ; photo attached
● Bloody Z’Tini – Belvedere Bloody Mary Vodka, Bloody Mary mix and a celery salt rim
More nutritional information on Z’Tejas healthy dining choices can be found on their website.
Margarita Day plus a healthy menu options? We can’t think of better reasons to head over to The Bellevue Collection for a visit at Z’Tejas!